Re: to all 16v listers!!

More thoughts...

-Pop off the distributor cap to see if there's oil
inside
-Have you done a compression check?
-Cam timing seems suspect, since it only pulls after
3000rpm
-Then check ignition timing.

Good Luck,

Ron

--- Dan Miller <legalizit@hectorite.i-p.com> wrote:

>  i DESPERATELY need some tech help here.  I've tried
> everythnig to get my rocco running right.  Heres teh
> deal
>
> 	When the engine is cold, or the oil temp is below
> 80, the car runs like shit.  Once its warm, its runs
> a little better.  The car smells like it's running
> moderately rich, and stalls out nearly everytime the
> RPMs go back to idle when it's cold. So far, ive
> replaced the coolant temp sensor, oxygen sensor,
> feul filter, plugs, wires are fine, no arching, oil
> pressure sending units, theres no vacuum leaks,
> clean air filter, all fuses are new or in good
> condition, brand spanking new injectors (212 dollars
> that only fixed the engine missing), and the timing
> has never been touched.  I looked tos ee if the
> previous owner put an enrichment module on it, nope
> nuthin there.  The engine hesitates under load, and
> seems low on power below 3000 rpms. The list keeps
> going--  After the engine has been sitting for a day
> or so, the car takes several seconds of cranking to
> start, and hovers around 250 rpm and wont raise to
> idle speed unless i give it some throttle.
>
>  Any ideas?  DESPERATELY IN NEED OF HELP AND HAVE
> FAILED TO GET ANY--SAVE ME FROM A TRIP TO THE
> STEALERSHIP!!
>

>  Dan Miller

> Powered by Instant Portal
>
> --
> Email LIST problems to:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd