Re: best rader/laser detector? MOUNTING in engine unit

In a message dated 6/13/2001 12:14:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu writes:

<<  The only other problem I
 > could think of is how to get the audible signals to my ears, since that is
 > what I'd hear first, and you know how important just a few secs is with a
 > detector... >>

The one my bro put in the rocco when he had it was one that was made to be
hardwired to the car.  It was made by Whistler,  don't know if they still
sell them like this anymore.  Anyway, it came with a box that you mount
behind the grill, and then you run wires to the cabin where the relay box
would be with a speaker and led indicator.  I still use it today, it works
great, has saved me many times, i dont think it picks up laser though, im not
sure.

Brian 86 Rocco 16v
and 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>