Re: Oil Pressure Buzzer - Latest nagging problem

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Christopher Mueller wrote:
> >
> > Changed my oil Saturday to Mobil synthetic (15w50)
> >
> > Sudden crisis- my oil pressure buzzer kicks in
> > after driving around for an hour
> >
> > Christopher
> > 87 16V
>
> You might be better off with the next step down,
> 10w40 or 0w30.
>
> TBerk

I'm not sure that's the right direction to go, I had
the exact same problem after an oil change last year,
I put in Mobile 1 5w50 and had the buzzer kick in
around 2000 RPM, I lived with it for about a week then
talked to a VW mechanic that told me this was a common
problem and that I should use at least 20w, I put in
20w50 and haven't heard the buzz since.

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Daily driver)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (In desparate need of parts!)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (Family Outing mobile)