RE: best rader/laser detector?

I'll second that!  I have an old cobra that I picked up for 20 bucks that
has paid for itself many times over.  Not as good as a V1 but still does
its job.  I usually relied on my eyes to warn me of speed traps, but there
are times when your eyes are no good, ie; at night.  That is when it helps
me the most, it pretty much becomes my eyes.  In the day you can pick out
cops from an adequate distance to slow before you are in range of radar,
unless they are well hidden.  But for night-time highway driving, my
detector is indispensible to me at least.  The only times i have been
pulled over since i have gotten it are when i was not using it, for various
reasons.  Through some miracle, i still have no tickets in 5+ years of
driving(!)

Eric Person
86.5 16v

I must say that my detector has paid