Re: Retrofit Mk2 Split Rear Seat to Mk1 was: Soft and suppleblack leather rear seat for rocco on Ebay....

If you guys want pics of the install in the 80 rocco (split rear mk2
seats) let me know.

Eric

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, T Berk wrote:

> Yes, yes you can. I intend to do it myself (I also have one of those
> soft supple leather split rear seats from an SII). Our good friend Dick
> Wong has done it, (I think it was Dick, it's been since 'Rocs in the
> Fog' since I have seen his car last.)
>
> btw- the Fog here in the SF Bay Area is building up steam again as we
> enter the Summer season. Hint, Hint.
>
> It will require you to grab and install the two posts (bolts) that the
> upper seat backs attach to on the sides of the car, as well as some work
> with the lower half of the seat because the two bodies are shaped
> differently. AND, there was just some talk about the difference between
> a solid back & a split one in that you need to provide for the middle
> seat support behind the split on the floor.
>
> Don't have details yet but will take lots of pix when I get to it in the
> next month or so.
>
> (Hmmm, interior OR Engine swap, decisions, decisions.)
>
> TBerk
>
> Anthony Pelletier wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if you can put a MKII rear seat into
> > a MKI?  Just wondering because I have a spare set of
> > MKII seats and the "s" interior is looking kind of
> > tired next to the new capret I put in.
> >
> > Tony
> >
> > --- JGGullion@aol.com wrote:
> > > Hey Listees,
> > >
> > > I have a perfect--- soft and supple black leather
> > > rear seat for scirocco IIs
> > > on Ebay.  If you ever wanted to replace your rear
> > > seat with a nice one this
> > > is it.  I hope someone off the list gets it.
> > >

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592360263
> > >
> > > Cheers for now.
> > >
> > > Greg

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox