Re: [TECH](round2)rabbit truck

By installing the shorter ratios (and possibly shorter final drive if
you're talking 4K vs FN/FF) with the diesel, you will likely attain a
higher possible top speed, however your fuel economy _will_ suffer.

You'd be better to stick with a gearbox that will keep the engine in the
2700-3200 range at highway speeds for best economy and engine longevity.
Remember that this engine only has 52 hp in good tune, so you can't expect
it to do 100mph in a pickup truck.

What transmission is in the truck now?  If you provide us with that info,
then we can show you how the two will map out in terms of engine rpm.

Drew

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, chris jevens wrote:

> Sorry everyone that have asked already... I forgot to tell all that I have a
> close ratio tranny from a 1984 gti... I know the output flanges (i'm pretty
> sure) are the same... what I didn't know was is this going to be benefitial
> to me if I do this... I would like to create for my aunt the ability to get
> higher higway speeds with her deisal truck, and does that also allow better
> overall fuel economy?
> chris

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca