Re: CIS->CIS-E Swap

>From: "VW FREAK" <farmracer@mindspring.com>

>my 2.0 Mark 1 project is looking complicated. I want to switch the 79 from
>the CIS that was in it (not even an 02 sensor on it) to CIS-E- anyone done
>this?

I've not deemed it necessary in my 2.0 swap (but the 85 has lambda control,
so that changes the picture a bit)

However, if you want to do this, then basically you'll want to wire in the
harness from a donor car. People do this all the time when they put 16v's in
mk1's and other A1's. Just be patient and mark out all the wires bafore
hand. You'll need the Jetronic box, and the harness. The fuel distributor is
unigue to the CIS-e system, so you need to drop that in. Other than that
it's just making sure that all the sensors, switches, etc. are wired up.
Since you are using the KS ignition too, you just need the whole damn engine
harness from a donor car.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Jonas