Re: wiring #2

Tobias M-G wrote:

> Actually, I have to change that:
>
> the 12v for the window motor also powers the light, and the other wire is a
> ground or wire that links to the ignition .. when it's turned to on setting
> the switch lights up .. nothing happens with the actual light switch since
> I'm guessing VW hadn't intended on a light in the switch, therefor no such
> dealing.
>
> hmmm, it will all become clear hehe.
>
> Tobias

Maaaaaybe you are sending power up the common ground. I can't see them
running the lights without the dashlights being on.

Try thinking upside down. ; )

[But wait!]

OK, I'm in my Bentley (Only runs 80-84 though).

1983-84 Scirocco Power Windows:

The schematic looks like this-

Brown- Common Ground for Motor

Black/Red I- Motor One Way 12v
Black/Red II- Motor Other Way 12v
(Both these Black/Red wires share a common Bk/Red Wire that runs 12v
from the Always Hot 30 Terminal through a 30A fuse and then through the
Window Motor Relay)

Then the SWITCH, then

White- Motor One Way (Connected via position 1 to Bk/Red I)
White/Black- Motor the Other Way (Connected via position 2 to Bk/Red II)

So, the BROWN wire goes to ground.
The Bk/Red I & II both get the same 12V+ via the relay.
the White wire is Motor One Direction.
the Black/White wire is Motor the Reverse Direction.

That's Gotta Help!
TBerk