From: "Gary Huff" <scirocco86@home.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 8:51 PM
Subject: CIS-E 16v Problems/Glowing exhaust manifold

eh,
My 16v car sucks. I thought I had tuned CIS-E right, the DPR was reading
from 4.9-6.2 fluctuating, the timing was dead on at 6 degrees, so I figured
I would complete it right and set the ISV duty cycle.... I think that was my
mistake. The bentley states that the test lead of which you connect the
positive lead of the multimeter to is the one with a blue/gray wire....
fuck, there is only a green wire, and a blue/brown wire with a yellow
plastic guard, the other with a red plastic guard, respectively. I took the
plunge, and attempted to tune my ISV duty cycle from that... I thought I had
gotten it right, the meter read 23% stable, not fluctuating. I took it for a
hell drive, and then drove it back popped the hood to look around.. I
noticed the exhaust manifold glowing.. fuck, it half melted my poly rack
bushing! Shut the car off, and park it. WTF did I do wrong?Was I not
thinking, and did this in the wrong order? I remember the thread before of
the glowing exhaust manifold, and im sure it's caused by excessive EGT, but
as to the cause of the excessive EGT, im not able to recall... but I bet it
has something to do with my wonderful CIS-E follies. Piece of shit in
question is an 86 16v car. Any ideas? I think tomorrow after work, I may try
and tune the bitch again. Peace,
-Gary Huff