RE: Fuel Enrichment Module on Ebay (long)

I beg to differ here, as someone who has used one of those "homegrown"
modules for years on an RD motor...and built and sold many to list members,
I am a firm believer that the Autotech module is nothing but a total rip
off.  In fact, one of our list members has designed a much better unit than
the Autotech RPM sensing one.  Schematics available at www.scirocco16v.com,
but it certainly takes greater than average electrical ability to make.

The module that is on e-bay is exaclty like the non- adjustable TT one that
sells for $100+......sure it's non-rpm sensing but who gives a shit.  If
your afraid of hitting WOT below 3500 and bogging your motor it rarely
happens.

One of the list members here in Sac recently bought one of the modules off
e-bay so hopefully we will have pics of it soon to send around.

For the uneducated, uninitiated here:  The module on e-bay functions to
"fool" the fuel computer on a cis-e motor into thinking that the engine is
cold thereby dumping in extra fuel.  Typically it is based on a 5 prong
30-40AMP Bosch relay connected to the 12v current from the full throttle
trigger wire, a ground, a resistor between two of the relay terminals and a
plug that goes inline into the temp sender circuit.  When the WOT switch is
triggered the relay adds 1100ohms resistance to the temp circuit.

They are easy to make with simple components available at any pick a part
yard and radio shack.  The hardest part is finding the "male" end connector
which is only salvagable from wrecks with heated oxy sensors or the early
audi full throttle switch connector.

Brian H