Castle Combe Track day & Small fire and brake problems! HELP!

Went to Castle Coombe circuit on Saturday for a bit more track action -
Superb (piccies to follow)

I had a superb time
1st time out i drove like a girl/old woman/old man (delete as appropriate)!
whilst i tried to get the hang of the circuit
2nd time i went a lot faster as i'd discovered the brakes on my car are
better than i thought
3rd time out - The rear brakes cooked and the drivers side drum was smoking
a lot when we came in. Anyway we got it apart with much burning of hands to
find that the rear shoes had disintegrated into bits and the inside of the
drum was burnt along with the wheel cylinder etc so i drove home (120 miles)
without back brakes, a horrendous noise, a loose wheel bearing and about (it
felt like) 2 foot of brake travel.

Anyway yesterday i replaced the wheel cylinder and shoes on both sides and
cleaned everything up. However on the drivers side its really tight and had
a real problem getting the drum back on and now the shoes are rubbing and
causing massive heat build up. When i had them both apart it all looked
fine.

Can anyone advise why one side spins freely but the other is rubbing and
what can i do to solve this problem.

Andy