Re: is there apisstheowneroffenoughsohewillgobrokebeforefixingthedamncar sensor?

Dan Miller wrote:

<snip>
> symptoms:
> Hard start, stalls when cold, slight hesitation, smells like its running rich, really rich, but only when cold, and still smells rich when warm but not as much, used to miss, but new jectors fixed that, feul filter did jack shit (maybe the infamous jackshit switch is operational), feul pump is sometimes loud, sometimes barely audible, no vaccum leaks, new coolant temp sensor and oil pressure sending units, new jectors, O-2 sensor, bouts of depression (me, not the car), restless nights, thoughts of serious problems, etc.
>
> Could really, really, really use some help.
>
> Think of it this way, the more help, teh less msgs i have to send for you to attend.
>
> Dan miller

Isn't there a by pass on the 16v, just like 8 valvers? On mine there is
an electrical heater part on the back of the intake manifold, it starts
as Open when cold and starts to close as the heater coil warms up and
then it closes off.

If your (equivalent) is jammed close then it sounds like it would run
rich or be set too rich across the board.

Test the thing. Spray some O2 sensor safe cleaner down in the thing and
soak over night.

hth,
TBerk