Re: motometer speedo???

Marc, nice car looks so similar to my 92 GTll here in the uk
also hope you dont mind me saying but your mate tony with the grub truck.
He looks like the Kevin's dad from The Wonder Years! it's Uncanny!

Marc Getty wrote:

> Was there not some talk at Cincy that you are able to buy a brand new 160 MPH
> spedo (not entire instrument cluster) from the dealer? Is this true or did I
> dream this up in the sickly haze I was in all day Saturday?
>
> If one can get a brand new motometer spedo, at 160 MPH at that, for under $150
> it just may be worth giving that much cash to a stealership!
>
> -Marc
>
> '74 VW Thing Finally Sold in 5/01 - '81 VW Jetta Diesel Scraped 12/97
> '84 VW Jetta GLi Sold to NJ 10/99 - '84 VW GTI 8v Sold to Peter in 4/01
> '87 VW Smoking Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 200,000+ miles in Philly PA
>     since 7/2/99 - Before and after pics: http://getty.net/scirocco/
> '88 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V with 177,000 miles, leather, no sun roof

you are not the clothes you wear. You are not the contents of your wallet.  You are not
your Ikea furniture.
You are not your grande latte. You are not the beautiful unique snowflake you think you
are.....