mk1 hard starts

List,

My 6 pack '81 S is giving me some troubles...  It will start up fine, rev a
little, then the rpm's will quickly drop and the car will either stall, or
run at like 1 rpm for a few seconds, and then stall.

I have to start it and go through this for 5 or 6 times before it will stay
running.  Once it is running, i can let it idle for a few min and then it
will run pretty good.

It has an exaust leak at the gasket between the dual outlet manafold and the
dual downpipe (at that flat place).  It appears to have a broken stud and
may be leaking there.

There was a wire behind the fuse box that was cut at one point and then
repaired.  It went to the pump relay.  That connection was coming apart and
causing the car to not start at all.  I fixed it and now it is back to the
normal hard starts.

It has some trouble reving to redline, and when i drive it, it feels like it
is learching forward constantly, its not smooth.

I have changed the fuel filter, cleaned the injectors and changed the seals
to the injectors, drianed the gas tank and filled it up with new gas.  Cap
and rotor are also changed.  I think thats it.. any help would be useful, i
would like to get this thing on the road, and mabee regester it! :)
Thanks..

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'81 Scirocco S ***Coming AUGUST to a driveway of mine***
'81 Scirocco S (newest additon)
'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (New winter car)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin' a new life)