Re: Urgent request for 16V owners: RAD mounting

Well, thanks for the info, but it doesn't really help - I have about 10
A2's on the place, and I'm infinitely familiar with how they mount the rad
:-)

The A2 front crossmember is actually on an angle, so it doesn't seem
as alien as the Scirocco, as all the rads from 525 to 675 mount on an
angle.

I have the confirmatin I neede, the mockup is fine, and the parts are on
order (had to order new brackets, but oh well.)

Drew

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, T Berk wrote:

> I'm not a 16v kinda guy BUT-
>
> What you describe is how the A2 cars mount the Rad; at an angle.
>
> The upper mounts are these two different shaped bent pieces of metal
> that fit into slots molded into the composite end caps of the Rad,
> the bottoms (I think I remember) are those pin type rubber bonded
> post type things. For the these lowers all you need are two holes in
> the lower beam to plug/screw them into.
>
> Am I helping?
>
> TBerk

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca