Re: Afterthought [.org site]

>Hey, we need more profiles on the website.

I agree, I have a backlog of 1 or 2 right now actually...

> If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to www.scirocco.org
>and click photos, and pull down the menu to profiles.  I was
>thinking that we should try and get more people on there so it's
>easier to know who on Earth each person is and to which car they
>belong.

Or under the list members section in the mailing list area...I had some
volunteers that wanted to help with that page at one time.  The reality
of it is that it's actually a lot of work.  The summer time is really really
busy for me though, especially at the moment.  I'll be back updating the
site on a regular basis soon though.

>So if you have the time and inclination, get a short page or just a
>couple of pictures together with some pic's of both your car and
>yourself.  I just keep seeing people talk about how much fun they
>had at Cincy, and some of them leave me wondering, "Who is that?
>He/She was there?"

Well, when someone was only suppling me with a couple of pics and a bit
of info, I've been putting up a minor profile under the thumbnail pics
in the photos section.  There's about 5 or so like that in there now.
I'll probably change the background color on them to call more attention
to those with more info...

>Don't be a stranger,
>
>Brian Haygood
>
>Oh, uh, that OK with you, Brett?  I know its extra work for you, but
>this list just runs itself anyway, right???  right???

Golly, no. :)  Note our most recent outtage if you need proof.  I figured
out what was wrong, and because of lack of permissions on the mail processing
machine, had to contact our admin (Chris M.) for a quick fix.  Nice to
be back online, eh? ;-)

At some point in the near future, users like yourselves, will be able
to submit profiles and pictures using the website.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net