Re: V.L. Enterprises??? (need feedback)

I agree, noone is perfect, things do happen.  However,
if you give a customer a timeline you ought to stick
to it.  You should also be available to talk to
customers particularly if you've exceeded the timeline
you've given...

I sent my tranny to Kraftswerks and got it back
promptly.  It withstood tens of thousands of miles of
G60 boosted power with no problems...

-josh

--- VWMikeLVW@aol.com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> josh_wyte@yahoo.com writes:
>

> I really haven't heard very many good things about
> VL.
> I remember one guy with a VL 6 speed in his GTI
> blowing up 6-9 months after the work got done.  VL
> refused to help him out at all.
>
> Conversely rarely do you hear good things about
> company's, so it's possible that VL has many
> satisfied
> customers.
>
> I've been very happy with Kraftswerks...
>
> -josh

> ---------
>
> I have also heard bad things about kraftswerk where
> a trans self destructed
> right after the warranty period. I had Vince heat
> treat my gears, and so far
> they have held up. It took me a few weeks to get
> them back though. Overall, I
> am happy with the work, although I haven't had him
> assemble anything. The
> bottom line is, no one is perfect. Everyone makes
> mistakes, and some things
> are beyond their control, especially with
> complicated things such as this.
> One gear could have a tiny crack that you could
> never see, but it could come
> back to haunt you later. There really aren't any
> adjustments within the
> trans, just tolerances, so it is difficult to put
> the blame squarely on the
> person who assembled it. Just my .02
>
> Mike
> http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a
> replacement is on the way!
> '84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
> '77-Rabbit - project
> '80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo,
> 6 speed, widebody?)

=====
Josh Wyte
Momentum Motorsports