RE: spring question

Thanks for the information Aaron.  It challenges my
limited physics knowledge from physics 100, I think it
was.  Anyhow, from what I recall, when I cut a coil or
two from my Mustang springs, it did stiffen the
suspension a little bit, because the coils are wound
looser at the top and bottom of the spring.  The inner
coils are wound tighter, so they are the stiffer part
of the spring.  In other words, the rate of
springiness is variable.

Chris J.
'83 Scirocco GT Wolfsburg Ed.