Re: MKI Gas tank Q's

My car had the same thing done to it . I dropped the tank and used a gas tank
repair putty and a piece of screen since the hole was rather large . Its been
on for 2 years and no problems so far . The reason I fixed mine is because I
have one of the good tanks that you can run low on gas and still corner
without stalling.

As for the charcoal junk and vapor recovery crap you can leave all that off.
If you look at non US cars they dont have it so it must be good :)

Any rabbit tank will work but I would stay away from US built ones since
every one I have tried has the bad baffles causing fuel starvation in curves
. Not sure what sciroccos fit but I would assume the ones with the full size
spare would fit

Jasin
MK1 S