Re: front swaybars vs SHINE

He he he....this subject again :)

Josh,
Ok it is not which is better, it is a personal thing, it is which setup you
are the most comfortable with or as Christian said "the one that makes [you
and]  your car faster"
Some people like cars with a lot of oversteer (backend can be easily brought
around with off-throttle/brakes) - can be dangerous on the street.
Some like understeer (front end will push with off-throttle/brakes) - can
also be dangerous due to loss of steering control.
Personally I have been trying to find a setup that is between neutral and
slight oversteer, this would be the fastest way through a corner for *ME*.

I am currently running 25mmR and 0mmF (no front bar). I have too much
oversteer for both street and track now (going to instal 19mm OEM GTI front
bar or possibly 22mm Neuspeed front bar).
I have spun the car a couple times due to wet/dirty pavement or slower cars
in corners.
I can also drift the backend of the car at low corner speeds fairly easily.

Just keep in mind:
If the car was dead neutral with your "Butt Dyno" (Copyright TBerk*)
Increase the size of the front bar keeping the rear the same = more
understeer
Increase the size of the rear bar keeping the front the same = more
oversteer
Decrease....etc....vice-versa.

Using this info, figure out what your driving style is (under/oversteer) and
play with bars and sizes until you get it where you want it.

HTH

Randy