Re: MK1 Surgery

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:51:41 -0400 Gilliam Pliska L LT NSSC
<GilliamPL@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL> writes:
> The driver's side pan on my Mk1 needs replacement.  Anybody have any
> experience with replacing Mk1 floorpans?  Can late model Cabby
> (1988-92)
> pans be welded in?  There are several Cabbies in the local gomer
> yards in my
> area (MD/NOVA).  Thanks!
>
> Pliska L. Gilliam
>

> Can late model Cabby (1988-1992) pans be welded in? There are
> several
> Cabbies in the gomer yards in my area

Yes...

Keep in mind that the center seat rail is taller.

You can convert the MK.1 seats using S2 seat frames, or use S2 seats.

I wouldn't try to swap out the center rail...

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -  Bear, Delaware

                                                             '79 Scirocco
16V
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Oddball Scirocco JH/FF
'84 GTI
Rollers For Sale: '79, '80, '84, '88 Scirocco