Re: No mk.1 in Denmark...NOTHING!

At 04:01 PM 6/6/01 +0200, Morten T Nielsen wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I have now removed the bottom corner of my windscreen sorround...i've not
cut into the windscreen seal so it's still in.I'ts not much i've cut
away...but still! I wanted to use original plate to weld in...
>So I contacted 3 of the largest (And they are mighty) scrapyards in the
area...they don't have any mk.1's...not even Golf mk. 1's. They are ALL
into the japanese cars - except from Opel(Or Vauxhall) of course. Can this
be true? How many mk.1's would the english and german listers here expect
to find at the local scrapper? - I have asked Volkswagen, they don't make
the sorround anymore!

>But now I don't have any spareparts for the metal i've cut away...it's
tricky to weld because the plate has this slight curve from the bottom of
the windsreen out the rain tray...go out and see for yourselves!
>Has anyone here EVER repaired the bottom of the a posts, the cornor of the
windscreen sorround, the top of the front door pillars (Just 3 ways of
explaining where i've cut)
>Do you all think it can be done with the MIG welder...cause then i'll stop
searching for parts that I obviously can't have anymore!
>I think I'll contact practical classics and tell them to take away two of
the stars given to the mk.1 scirocco for the availability of spareparts :-)

>THANKS!

I don't know where you can get one Morten, but if you should happen to find
a source
there are plenty of us in the US that could use the surround too(well at
least me).  I've not
had any luck with this either.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear