Overheating... another thread.

Hey Ya'll.

I got stuck in traffic today and my rocc (87 16v) nearly overheated. It
would have If I hadnt cranked the heat on full blast (3 resistor is
hosed).

symptoms.
at idle it jumps from normal op temp to the dot just below the overheat
line (not the led) oil temp got to about 135C noramlly 110C when driving
faster. If I hot rod the car even at hwy speeds the temp jumps to 120C+
and the water temp rises.

Things done to date.
R&R water pump
R&R thermostat (drilled 2 little holes)
R&R all belts.

drainded old std green anti-freeze
put new anti freeze in (upper rad hose) std green stuff.

system burped once. dropped temp a little the other day a cincy ( had a
great time)

Things on the todo list.
change out fan switch w/ 160 degree 3 pole swtch
pn 8.170.03 fan switch 3 pole.

change out antifreeze w/ water wetter.

If none of these things work I'm left with the following options.
#1 radiator is stopped up. and needs flushing.
#2 the motor is stopped up and needs flushing.
#3 new thermostat is foobar. not unheard of but unlikely.

any suggestions of flushing the system?

brian
87 16v all the cool mods gotta wait till it runs good.