Re: [Non Roc] Digifart II & ABA sh!t F.I. gurus needed

>From: Eric L Ellis <elf16v@juno.com>

>I'm helping a guy with his 88 Jetta GL. I put in an ABA block at his
>request 'cause Collin @ TT said it should be a very straight forward
>swap.

<snip>

>Timing was a snap (used the 2.0's distributor) and the original 88's
>harness and brain.

The 2.0 distributor has a one window hall sender, vs the 4 window that you
need. You'll need to swap gears from the 2.0 distributor to the 1.8's
distributor, and then get the adapter plate to make the 1.8 distributor fit.

That's the standard way. If you wanna get risky, you might pick up a spare
1.8 distributor and see if you can swap those internals into the 2.0
distributor. I have no idea if it will work. If you f**k up the 2.0
distributor then just get the gear and do the above. Getting that gear off
is a bastard though.

HTH,

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0 ABA