My Cincy Recap & Pictures

Hey everybody!

This year was my first trip to Cincy, and I very much enjoyed two of my three
days there out there with you guys and gals.

On Friday I had the pleasure of caravaning with Jan Folkson and Scott Williams
in Jan's mint '86 16v, Matt in his scary fast 1.8T A4 Jetta, Rich Deede in his
VR6 A4 GTI, Peter (thescirocco) in his "retro" 16v Mk1, Jason Arms in his red
16v, and Doug in his red 16v. We made good time considering the rain, the
directional confusion, and my nearly killing Doug, Matt and many other non VW
motorists. Eventually the word will get out not to break into the middle of a
caravan of VWs, but until that day I will be ever vigilant and take out anyone
who interferes with a caravan.

Unfortunately I was deathly ill for all of Saturday and had to stay in the hotel
nearly the whole time. This meant that I missed 99% of the tech procedure day
:-( and 99% of the rain :-).

On Sunday with the help of Peter and his girlfriend Laurie I was back up and
semi healthy, and with the help of Peter I got my car a very much needed new
battery from the WalMart next door to the hotel. Plenty of pictures were taken
with the XL-1 at Daun's and I decided to drive on Daun's road rally, Eric from
IA/IL volunteered to be my navigator. If _The Price Is Right_ rules applied to
the rally (closest without going over) Eric and I definitely would have won.
Unfortunately I drove just a little too fast and beat Daun's suggested time by
quite a bit thanks to Eric's pinpoint navigation and my newly healthy car.

Sunday night Peter and I drove back to Philly and I made great time, only 7.5
hours for the 550 miles back. This averages 73.3 miles and includes the stop for
McD's for 20 minutes and the 10 minute stop for gas in Westren Arm Pit PA. Not
too shabby!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you to Daun and your family for allowing a bunch
of crazy people to come and invade your home! You are a brave people to let us
come!

Here are the first 120 pictures of my 350+ pictures and nearly a dozen videos:

	<http://getty.net/cincy2001/>

Thanks again Daun!

-Marc

'74 VW Thing Finally Sold in 5/01 - '81 VW Jetta Diesel Scraped 12/97
'84 VW Jetta GLi Sold to NJ 10/99 - '84 VW GTI 8v Sold to Peter in 4/01
'87 VW Smoking Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 200,000+ miles in Philly PA
    since 7/2/99 - Before and after pics: http://getty.net/scirocco/
'88 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V with 177,000 miles, leather, no sun roof