RE: Shock replacements... Tokiko.. a bit harsh.

I'll go zipping around the block in a couple of days and test each corner
of the car and inspect each shock/struct for any suspect activity. I'll
use some grease or something to test if im hitting the bump stops. The
trip to cincy put me behind schedual for some papers that are due for
submission...

My initial guess is that if they are adjustable (PO purchased and I've had
things like bad lower control arms to deal w.) they are all set on brick
hard. Yes I feel every damn bump in the road. 1" bumps are really bad esp
at hwy speeds. I get launched on the bridge expansion gaps and then
smashed back down onto the road. Im going to say that it is a B) but I
suspect that the right rear has a problem. whether it's low tire pressure
or what dont know yet as i wont have time to look at it until this
weekend. the "flat spin" comes on a really big expansion joint or my
personal favorite a 1" metal plate int he middle of atlanta roads when
you dont see it. as Mike A about his love for em.

Flat spin description.
large bump at speed. springs get unloaded when it comes down with a smash
it tends to twist about center in a CCW fashion.(front goes left rear goes
right). Ihave to compensate a little with the steering wheel.

Known problems. (passenger side inner tie rod end)

If I had to guess which I do on the setup. the PO prolly bought the race
nuespeed and set the tokiko's for full on race. cause all the receipt says
is R&R shock,springs, struts..

kinda like that R&R tranny, motor

I really hope they dont have 2 sets of bump stops in em... eeerrrr...
brian
87 16v trying to get it going straight down the road.
81S Duan's new car?
84 cabby coming soon to a driveway near me
8? cabby going to the brother in FL?
8? red cabby for the wife... someday