From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Allyn
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 12:32 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: Der-rocco made it home + ramblings

    Well, i got back around midnight last night. Brian McGarvey and I were
paired about half way back. He aplit off to go back to Atlanta, after we
both had some fun plastering some p.o.s. 'tricked out' honda into the
pavement on I-75 :P. We were promptly put in out place by a mercedes shortly
thereafter.
    As far as Cincy, it has to be the absolute best time i've had ... ever.
Just so many people willing to help. I honestly think my engine could have
fallen to pieces while i was there, and i would have still made it home.
Working together, all of us Scirocco guys can whip a rocco back into shape
in mere minutes (I reference Brians 1.5 Hr pass. motor mount job on Rons
rocco).
    On an opposite note, you guys can rip a scirocco to shreds in no time at
all! That poor upside-down silver rocco didnt stand a chance! I got an
ungodly amount of scirocco stuff and still had some cash in my pocket on the
way home. Thats way better than anywhere else!
    Thanks to Daun for throwing this bash, it was incredible (and thanks for
the parts as well). Thanks to Brian for hooking me up with the clear turn
signals (and spiffy green radiator cap). Thanks to Jan for showing me what
my car looked like when it was on the showroom floor (better, actually, that
daily driver belongs in a museum), and for showing me some waxing secrets.
Thanks to Cheapass Ron for letting us work on his roc instead of killing
himself trying. Thanks to all the guys with the hotel room for letting me
crash. Thanks to those that appreciated my work so far on the Rieger, im
glad i can bring this car to where it should be. Thanks to Potterman for the
tips, stickers, and info (i will be doing a huge order soon, including the
much needed Corrado G-60 bumper lights, hopefully before waterfest). Thanks
to Brett VanSprewenburg for running scirocco.org. Thanks to Dave Bonhoff for
teaching me some CIS-E tweaking secrets, and finally, thanks to the parts
cars for giving up their guts so easily.
    Well, im off for now, its lunch for me and i gotta get back to teaching
nuclear physics :P I may not be a rocket scientist, but im close enough :P
Later guys!
al

p.s. i'll do everything in my power to make it to h2o-fest!

Allyn Malventano, ET1(SS), USN
87 rocco 16v (rieger gto - green - 'der rocco' - restoration in progress)
87 jetta 8v wolfsburg 2dr (260k, still tight :)