RE: [tech] 16V Oil Pressure

  You need the 10 bar gauge and sender setup for a 16v.

Gerry Reichelt

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Sal
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 9:46 PM
To: Scirocco; 16V List
Subject: [tech] 16V Oil Pressure

I finally got around wiringmy gauges for my 16V.  The Volt and water temp
work great but I'm not sure whether or not the oil pressure gauge is reading
correctly.

Installed is the oil pressure gauge from an Audi.  At idle, the gauge reads
3.4 - 4 bars.  Honestly, I don't recall the exact reading.  However, during
accelartion, it gets pinned at 5 bars.  What readings should I be getting
and is this the correct gauge for a 16V?  Anyone?  TIA

Sal