16V steering wheel

I am making the dash swap into my '79 and I am following the excellent
step-by-step on 16v.com   How the heck does the steering wheel com off.  I
mean the first step the 4 button cover.  I cant find any nice seams on it to
pry.
BTW, just finished ripping out the entire wiring harness from the old
rig...what a nightmare.  I'm glad that is never going back in.  On the back
of the fuse panel Pin #8 on the white multi pin plug on the left end of the
fuse box that serves some part of the engine compartment was fried.  Black
and crispy.  cant tell what that wire went to but its a sure bet that the
little electrical fire I had in 1995 had something to do with that.  =8^o

"hey...who's frying baloney..?"

Ken
'79 Scirocco (soon to be 1.8 16v)
"mcfly"