RE: vw pick-up?

VW Pointer pickup. I love that little truck.

They sell them down here in Mexico. I don't know if they are also made here
or if they are made in Brazil. They are not real, real common here in
Tijuana--a similar sized truck made by Chevy seems to be more popular.

I would also love to get my hands on one. I was hoping the company would buy
one for running errands--but then hard times hit and the idea was canned. If
I remember right, the price we were looking at was about US$11,500.

I think VW just might sell them if enough people were to tell VW they were
interested.

It's not a real large vehicle, but it's not tiny. I think it could pass
crash testing, as well as emmissions testing.

I wonder if some enterprising person would be allowed to import these if
they had all the crash testing done. I think this has been done with other
vehicles that aren't sold in the US.

--Theron