Re: How to get new feel in pedals, in mk1?

Chris,

I bought a set of new plastic pedal bushings for my 16v, but I haven't
tackled installing them yet. I reasoned along the same line as replacing
the shift bushings that the pedal bushings would wear out with regular
driving, causing side-to-side play and an uneven "worn out" feeling. I
tried to put them in but when I got as far as taking the clutch pedal off,
I was too scared that the helper spring was gonna fly off and shoot
me in the balls and I wouldn't be able to get the spring installed again
so rather than risk pulling my pedal cluster to fix something I screwed up
I just abandoned that project for the time being.

Let the list know if you find any good remedys. Not that my pedal feel is
bad in any way - I'm just always looking for ways to restore the
mechanical aspects of the car to their original "newness"..

-Toby

--
'87 16v