RE: Tech: Removing Power Window Switches

  one thing to check is the alignment of the window glass.  I have had this
problem a couple of times on different roccos.  what happens is the window
glass comes loose from the mounting and you can move it.  So as the window
goes up it tilts slightly and the glass digs into the guide on the way up
causing a whole lot more friction and forcing the motor to work that much
harder.  If you can use your hand to move the window slightly when it is
half way down (left and right) then this may be your problem.  Easy fix,
just reglue the bottom of the window into the bracket and make sure it is
straight.  Another easy way to check is as it is going up, see if shifting
the window left or right speeds it up.

Cory - The VW Addict.
86 8v (with lots of Euro options)
82 8v (project waiting to be finished)
83 8V (being sold) 85 8V (Parts/Sale?)
86 golf, 85 jetta, 75 Super Beetle, 65 Karmann Ghia