Re: WF Scores are up

At 4:25 PM -0400 7/28/01, Josh[deady]Able wrote:
>the scores are up, and Im having a hard time figuring out why I scored so
>low in the "concept" section.
>
>http://www.waterfest.net/Pages/score_sc.html

Interesting.  What a difference a year makes.

Here's last years scores for my car:

Ext   Int     Mech   Susp   Clean  Concept   Display
Qual  Qual    Qual   Qual
  7     3       12     7       8      12        2     = 46

This year:

Ext   Int     Mech   Susp   Clean  Concept   Display
Qual  Qual    Qual   Qual
13     15      14     15     14      19        3      = 93, first place.

The judges last year for my class didn't seem as interested as the
guy who judged my car this year.  He took the time to explain why he
was judging each category as he did, and I thought he was very fair
(except the crack about my car being "a little dusty....")

Also, my class was split this year A1 and A3, where last year it was
all combined....hard for a 20 year old car to go up against a 0 year
old car....glad to see they listened to my criticism, and hopefully
others.

But note the discepancies.  The paint was fresh last year; I hadn't
drive the car more than 350 miles, but this year, even with the dings
and stone chips you inevitably pick up, I scored much higher.

Interior - no question.  Last year it was stared, this year it's much
more refined. Okay, I buy that score.

Mechanical Quality - I've done a couple more engine mods, my gauge
faces match, okay, buying this one.

Suspension Quality - I have the same suspension that I had 3 years
ago, no changes at all!  WTF?

Cleanliness - Okay I detailed the heck out of it when I got there
this year; I thought I did a fairly decent job last year.  WTF, again?

Concept - Josh, this is what he said to me - what he was looking for
was how well the pieces fit together, did there seem to be a plan?
Could the car have come from the factory like this?

DIsplay - Eh.  He was gonna give me 2 (out of 5) but his helper
pointed out the fact that my sign had a whole chonology of the car,
basically all the time taken in 3 years to build it up.  That bought
me a point.  I guess you have to have the sign, a wheel off, mirrors,
and a rope around your car to get the full 5.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |