help with 1981 fuse panel

I looked thru my bentley, chilton, and haynes, cant find any info
on what fuse correlates to what car function on my 1981 scirocco.
It has those cigar fuses with the metal bowtie down the middle. #8
blew and i got no clue as to what that was exactly so I can inspect.
I also used my last fuse, any suggestions as to where to buy new ones?

thanks in advance oh and please also reply to me, weeding thru the digest
might prove to be a bear.

Ryan