Re: Clutch cable et al

> funky clip at the bottom near the lever arm.  The older ons had a white
> wheel you could back off about 20 turns and get about an inch of play.  Also
> the lever arm seems to be a lot stiffer that the old 8v and P/U I had in the
> past.

  have a self adjusting clutch cable? eewwww. you should be able to
disconnect it by pushing up on the lever of the transmission and unhook
everything with one hand (takes some dexterity).

>         Also I should be able to keep the trans and engine together when I pull it
> right?  New clutch recently and I'd like to keep them together if possible.

  yes. this is how i'm planning on removing the auto trans in my '85.
actually, i'm removing the bolts for the front swaybar and controls
arms, releasing the strut bearings, and dropping the whole front end,
but yes, you can keep them together. good luck.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com