From: Jason87VW [mailto:vze26kw6@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 6:13 PM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: [TECH] Sandblasting Engine

Ok,

I have my engine out, it is stripped down to except for the head (valve
cover gasket). All holes are plugged with plastic bags. If I were to put a
few layers of duct tape over the critical areas, would it be alright to
sandblast the block head and valve cover gasket ? I want to blast it and
then hit it with paint. I want to do the German flag theme, maybe the Block
silver, the head yellow, the valve cover red and the manifolds black...I
don't know, I was thinking of the block yellow, the head red and the valve
cover black, but then there's too much yellow. Then I could do like that one
dude, just the valve cover yellow, red, black, but he had an 8v and it
wasn't covered up by the manifolds....What do you think ??? Suggestions ???

Jason87VW