Re: IT LIVES ! ! !

 <http://students.washington.edu/aireq/images/Scirocco>

> Anyway more questions . .
>
> 1) The previous owner cut out the airbox and installed a K+N air filter, he
> said something about being able to clean these, and also that they are
> pretty much self cleaning. So how do I clean them?

Mild detergent & water, let dry (do not use compressed air), re-oil with
red K&N oil.

> 2) What's the best oil to put in these cars? I don't have a manual (Going to
> pick up a bently sometime), could someone tell me how many quarts and what
> weight oil I need. I'm in seattle so it never get's above 85 degrees
> outside.

20W50 maybe overkill but look for some nice 10w40 to flush it out with
while you ponder what you want to put in it. 10w30 is a little too thin
for a motor with unknown history and that many miles.

I've been running Mobil 1 'Red Cap' 15w50, I live in the cool-ish SF Bay
Area. I am going to try out some Redline 10w30 because it has better
properties under load than dyno oil- this should offset it being a
thinner weight. YMMV.

> 3)Ok the big black hose comming out of the top of the throttle body and
> going to the engine (sorry I don't know the real name). If you are looking
> at it from the front of the car there are 3 little hoses comming out of the
> front of it. The hose on the right is connected to the big hose with a 3 way
> 90 degree fitting. But there is only one little hose going to the fitting,
> so the other inlet/outlet is just left open. What is supose to be there, if
> anything?   I couldn't find any loose hoses around that area. This is
> causing a vacum leak correct?

Not ness- it is prob one of those 'just in case we need it' kinda
fittings, odds are that it is plugged and blocked off from the factory.
Try looking down it with a flashlight/screwdriver.

<snip>

> 5)Any suggestions for a good manual to get? Someone earlier suggested
> Bentley. Just curious if anybody had any other sugestions.
> anyway that's enough for now.
> aireq

Bentley, then Haynes. Chilton only if it's free & you already have the Bentley.

hth,
TBerk
Change them fluids, maaaaaaaan.