Re: 88 16v slow crank/no start when hot

I used to have the same symptoms with the starter.
First I cleaned all the positive connections and grounds to the motor and
added a second one. Then I pulled the starter and replaced the bushing on the
tranny and cleaned the mounting surface. That only helped slightly so I
brought it to a shop and clipped a sensor onto the positive lead to the
starter, turns out it was drawing 300 amps which is not good.
I went through two batteries until I fixed it.

Jasin