Re: will a golf or jetta III fit into an mkII rocco?

Corey Muscavitz wrote:

> well,  the subject says it all.  this is the 2.0 8v we are talking about
> here.  the reason being, is in my new european car (and btw i didn't like
> that comment that the author of the ND article made either), but anyway, i
> saw that neuspeed has a supercharger kit for these motors.  i thought that
> it would make a scary fast rocco.  huh?
>
> corey
> 88 16v
> 82 "green machine"
>
> --

The Nspeed unit makes for more power across the line and doesn't have a
spool up time like a turbo. Said to add about 50% more HP to what you
got.

Most folks are balking at the cost to output ratio so as Shawn said it
won't be 'scary fast'.

In your case (Mk2) there is a tiny bit more room than the Mk1 but they
are still low slung Sciroccos. This means the crossflow motor esp sits
up high so you will have hood cross member issues.

The Rabbit chassis has more room up top so it should fit OK.

I've been thinking about some modified motor mounts made that allow for
the few mm needed for just these situations.

TBerk