More mulling about swaybars

	Spent some time at the junkyard looking under cars to check out their
swaybar set ups.  I noticed that quite a few cars have the bars mounted
ahead of the end links, usually to the front cross member.  The Ford Escort
GT circa late '80's/early 90's had a unexpectedly huge bar (30mm?) attached
this way.  I think Dick Wong mentioned a GMP? bar that used this
arrangement.  It looks to be easier to clear a path to the control arms but
seems like it would really apply serious twist to an  already stressed front
end and that it's throwing weight further forward.  Are there real
advantages to this way of mounting the front anti-roll bar?

	Thinking some more about the Cheapass rear bar and was wondering about the
possibility of using leaf spring material.  It's made to be springy and
seems to be available in various sizes.  But I don't know it it's stiff
enough (could stack two) or easy to harvest.  Anyway, just throwing out
ideas.  benton----