16v question

Hey all,
	Just bought a 16v Scirocco for parts and this is my first of likely many
quetions.  What the heck is the 1/4" pipe that comes straight up from the
exhaust man and is capped off with a rubber plug above and just behind the
top intake man?  Having driven a '79 1.6 for 10 years this is the first time
I've looked under the hood of a 16v (in person) and wondering how I am going
to keep all that stuff straight and fit it under the hood of my MK 1
>gulp<

Ken
'79 Scirocco (soon to be 1.8 16v)
"mcfly"