RE: 86 a/c into 82 questions

Thanks Larry. Turns that the person who told me that musta been on drugs. I looked at my '86 and the crank and water pump both have double pulleys, one set for the crank/water pump/power steering belt, and the other for the crank/water pump/ac compressor. I verified with the parts store that the a/c belt is the same part number with or without power steering. So about the only question now is whether the old alternator will mount to the new brackets.

---
'86 Scirocco 8V, soon to be sold
'82 Scirocco 1.8 8v - the daily driver
'81 Caddy
'78 Rabbit 1.7L rustbucket in semi-retirement