1-Owner Mk1 FS CHEAP in OK (long)

Talked to a gentleman the other day who has his '77 "Champagne (sp?)
Edition" 'Rocco for sale. This is a white car with the "Scirocco" graphics
on the rockers, red-stripe bumpers etc. He bought it new here in OKC in '77,
and it now sports about 280k...
THE GOOD(ish)... it's got about 56k on a rebuilt 1.6L and clutch, as well as
almost all new (in the last three months) driveline components, thanks to an
incident with a chunk of limestone in the passing lane. All work was
completed by the same stealership he bought the car from, and he claims it's
all in factory spec. He says all gauges and electrical is in working order,
as well as struts, brakes etc. The tires are decent and the car is
roadworthy as far as I know. Interior is all there and in pretty good shape.
THE BAD... It spent some time in the Pacific NW, and thanks to a leaky
windshield the floors need work. I've seen the car up close, and it's really
in decent shape overall (at least from the top side). The body's straight
with some surface rust, but no rot as far as I could tell, and no big (if
any) dents. In fact, I'd probably cabbage on to it if I thought I had
anywhere to put it. As it is, he mentioned a nephew nearing driving age in
Colorado and a guy interested in it for scrap parts (Oh! The HORROR!) So if
any of y'all might be able to provide a good home for it, let me know and
I'll put you in touch with the owner. Ol' boy will talk your ear OFF! Oh,
you probably want a price... $550. Sounds like a fair deal to me, but I've
never owned a Mk1... So let me know.