Re: weird noise from my passenger front wheel

> >Just as the title says, I am getting like a clunking
> noise, or like
> >something is shifting out of place in the suspension.
> Only happens at very
> >slow speeds like when I'm backing out of my driveway or
> starting from a
> >stoplight, and usually only happens once per drive.
> >
> >Could this be
> >a) tie rod end going bad?
> >b) ball joint?
> >c) outer CV?
> >d) something f***ed in my struts?
> >e) none of the above
> >
> >hehehe.....gotta love those multiple choice questions.

a) tie rod check... with wheel off ground try to wiggle
wheel horizontal to the ground, excessive movement or
clunking you got it, maybye.

b) ball joint... try to wiggle same wheel in vertical axis,

if both a & b and wiggles at 45° also, probably wheel
bearing

c) outer cv Clicks in sharp turns (inner cv (rare) click on
accell/decell)

d) strut bearing... clunk over uneven roads, sidewalks,
etc.

e) loose wheel lugs, loose axel nut, loose caliper, loose
brake pads, etc... you get the point...

good luck.

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...