Moving the coil in an 84' and an exhaust question...

Hi Folks,

Was puttering around the car tonight making a list of
things to replace.

While removing the coil I couldn't help but wonder if
there couldn't be a better spot to put the darn thing.

Admittedly its not like I'll be tinkering with it
often... but its in a painful to install it back there
on the firewall...

Has anyone moved there's to a 'better' spot?  If so
where?

While under the car, I 'bumped' the bottom heat
shield, and enjoyed the flavor of dirt and whatever
else rained down on my face...  followed by the heat
shield itself...  Seems the exhaust is pretty rotted.
I couldn't see much of the upper heat shield or shift
lever one... but what I did see wasn't inspiring.
Anyone ever replaced theirs?  I was planning on having
the entire exhaust system replaced (about 700 bucks
CDN) anyway.  The rest of the underside appears just
fine (considering the age of the car and the amount of
salt its seen).

I planned on replacing the catalytic converter...
should I even bother?  It’s damn expensive.

Thanks,

Lee