Re: Center consloe

>From: Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
>To: Ken Bates <bateskenmelissa@qwest.net>,  Scirocco List
><scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: Center consloe
>Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
>

>--- Ken Bates <bateskenmelissa@qwest.net> wrote:
> > Hey folks, (volks)
> >  Can anyone clue me in on wether the center consloe for a
> > MK 2 Scirocco
> > will fit in my MK 1 that I am restoring.
>
>Nope.  Won't work.  Not even close.
>

>=====
>Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
>7 VWs & counting.
>"I do have a cause though...  it is obscenity.  I'm for it" - Tom Lehrer.

Ken,

I think the best chance to see this work is by also swapping-out the dash
and using the MK2 dash together with the console as I have already committed
to doing in my MK1. According to Brian H. the console will still be high and
require some cutting but it should be straightforword
enough. Besides better airflow from the vents, it will be easier to find a
replacement when it cracks, plus it looks a bit nicer IMHO.

David