Storage to driving...

Hey Folks,

I mentioned earlier that the cars been stored for over
a year.  She used to run just fine but I parked her
because my Ex didn't like her and forbid I spend money
on that [censored] car!... a few years passed and...
strange I kept the car and ditched her... go figure
:-)

I want to start work on her this weekend (although I'm
not sure where to start to be honest).

I'm afraid to fire her up since she's been sitting
sooo long.

Should I have her towed to a shop and have the fluids
flushed and changed?  Or just fire her up and drive
over and let them do it?  (I'd do it myself but I've
got nowhere to dispose of the old tranny fluid and
motor oil... besides it's not that expensive).

Waiting to have the radiator flushed since theres a
leak in one of my hoses or the holding tank...

Is there anything else I should be checking? (besides
that the brakes work) Before trying to get her back on
the road?

Taking some pictures this weekend, prepare to wince in
agony as you see what poor shape shes in.

Lee
84' Scirocco 8v Silver