Long time no talk and a few sightnings in 3 different states

Hello all,

A lil update for myself and Roc

Throtle was bent and that was the reason it wasn't
driving like a 16V.  New Rage 5.0 rims (nice 5 spoke)
from discount tire direct delivered for a total of
$689.  That includes free replacement of the tires for
everything except wear.  The rims are 15 X6.5 and i
got the Nitto NT-450 205/50-15.  I've really brought
back this Tornado red paint.  I'll try to get some
pics.  Next things are a new Rack and Pinion then
alignment.  I've been refused at 2 places for the
alignment.  This will all be happening w/in a week so
don't worry about abnormal wear on the tires.  Noticed
the the hose to the airbox from behind the bumper was
not there so it is breathing in warn air (maybe why it
feels about at 95%).  Will be powder coating parts of
the engine in due time using the old 1.8 16V with a
golf ball size hole in the front of it.

finally got the passenger side door open with the help
of the first owner (g/f's dad).  Very lil damage, lil'
bit of clearcoat but nutin from 10 feet away.

SIGHTINGS

in FL in my g/f's Honda Del Sol (never take a car like
that on a 20+hr journey NEVER!!!) i pulled up beside a
beautiful black, looked all original 16V driven by a
lady in her 30's.  It was on 95 going South towards
jupiter. This was the 3rd week in Jun (damn its been a
while since i posted)

Last sat nite, In New Hampshire, Hampton Beach, I
parked right next to an identical tornado red 16v with
MA plates.  Didn't actually see the owner.

Sun afternoon, Friends of mine said that they saw a
beautiful yellow Roc all decked out somewhere in MA.

My friends know that i am so ubsessed with Scirocco's
that i even got them on the look out for them.

Finally,

I must give props to Josh Wyte for helping me out with
many things about my Roc. This guy knows his shit.

I'll be posting more when I get back to ZooMASS.
(limited Internet Capabilities)

Mick