Re: Oil Pan

It appears that some where along the lines of getting my oil changed by a
place I won't name, they managed to strip the threads on the oil pan. I
can
get the drain bolt in, but it won't get tight enough to keep oil from
dripping. Can I do something relatively easy like rethreading the pan or
should I just buy a new pan all together. Trying to figure what would be
the most cost effective and simple to fix this problem.
Thanks,
Chrie

That is sooo common on older Volkswagens...

If the drain bolt and washer is in good condition, I use a "single
oversize" drain bolt, and so far, it has always worked for me.

ALL the parts stores sell them...

HTH!

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -  Bear, Delaware

                                                '79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"

'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers For Sale, or For Parts: '79 White Champagne Edition, '84
Black, '88 Red