Tech: Hot Start Pulse Relay or Lambda Realy - does anybody know more than the Bentley

The 8v still has the hesitation, so I pull the HPR and the idle immediatley
drops 300 rpm. Per the Bentley this relay is to pulse every 2 seconds while
the starter is engaged ( this damn thing is staying on) I assume it is
feeding extra fuel if it continues to pulse. I haven't driven it yet with
this disconnected to see if it still hesitates under a load, when I run the
idle up in the garage it stumbles slightly and then takes off to 5800 rpm
(pops a little bit, loads up at 3200 rpm), any help on this would be
appreciated. TIA

Brian
88 16v
86 8v (still kicking my ass)